The following Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We are mindful of the importance of upholding the security of information under our control. All data collected through the www.communityresearch.co.uk website (the “Website”) is stored on secure servers and we have stringent security and confidentiality procedures covering the storage and disclosure of such information, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988.
However we cannot guarantee the protection of your personal data as due to the nature of the internet, the Website is theoretically accessible by any user of the internet. You should be aware that when you disclose personal information on the Website it may be collected by another user and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1988 (the “Act”), the data controller is Rachel Lopata (Z1683197).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registration to use the Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purpose or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small text file of letters and numbers that is stored on your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to make them work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies allow a website to remember things like your preferences or what is in your shopping basket. Cookies may be set by the website you are visiting (“First Party Cookies”) or they may be set by other websites who run content on the page you are viewing (“Third Party Cookies”). Some of these cookies are essential in order for you to use our website however some cookies are optional.
We use different types of cookies including session cookies which are deleted after each visit and permanent cookies that remain in place across multiple visits to our site. We also use a third party cookie called “Google Analytics” which monitors use of our website, page visitor numbers etc. Google Analytics cookies do not collect personal data about you.
You can easily remove from your computer any cookies that have been created in the cookie folder of your browser. The process for doing this may vary from device to device, however, if you click on the ‘Help’ function from your ‘Start’ button and enter cookies, you should be able to search for information on how to locate the folder. For information on how to remove cookies on your mobile phone browser, please see your handset manual.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, how to delete cookies and how to disable them from your browser, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Your continued use of the Website signifies that you have given us your consent to such use of your data and your agreement to the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit select third parties to use your data, we will contact you be electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way please let us know.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If Community Research or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Information
Exchange, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Please see the Cookies section above for information on how to block or remove cookies.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Rachel@commuityresearch.co.uk
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to the websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY POLICES
Tel – 0845 872 5299
Community Research Ltd.
Registered in England Company No. 6655192